1. Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
2. Train and coach production line employees.
3. Conduct employee performance reviews.
4. Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
5. Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
6. Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
7. Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
8. Responsible to meet shift production goals.
9. Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
10. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
11. Communicate with other Shift Supervisors and Plant Manager.
12. Ensure a clean and safe work area.
13. Complete shift paper work.
14. Assist in production as neces.