DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments.
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
- Orders studies, test and ancillary services.
- Documents all services in patient medical record.
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements.
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
- 3-Year Contract, extendable for further periods if you have performed well during the initial contract.
- Also a residential position as opposed to a fly-in-fly-out position.
- The company will offer a competitive package based on the qualifications and experience an individual can bring to the table.