1. Bachelors Degree preferred or a minimum of 3-5 years of engineering experience (inside plant engineering experience or cable/telecommunications and WiFi design, installation and optimization experience is strongly desired).
2. Experience with Wi-Fi access point and wireless controller configurations, preferably with Ruckus and Cisco equipment.
3. Needs to possess a functional understanding of various central office network elements
4. Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Visio
6. Proficiency with Windows, Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
7. Proficiency with switch configurations, including VLANs, trunking vs. access and other port settings
8. A working understanding of DHCP and DNS
9. IP addressing and subnetting
10. Must be computer literate, and have the ability to learn new programs.
11. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
12. Must meet physical requirements of the role which include gaining access to and working on building rooftops installing microwave equipment and able to carry 70+ lb. if needed.
13. Position will participate in on-call rotation to provide 24-hour support
14. Must have car and be willing to travel within a region