1. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
2. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
3. Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
4. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
5. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
6. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
7. Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
8. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
9. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
10. Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
11. Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
12. Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
13. Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
14. Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
15. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
16. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
17. Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
18. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.