JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, perform master journey-level work in the installation, maintenance, inspection, modification, remodel and repair of mechanical plumbing equipment and fixtures for water, gas, oil, steam, sewage, fire sprinkler/prevention, and refrigeration-related plumbing systems; act as lead worker to other classified staff in the area; and perform related work as required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains, repairs and installs plumbing and related fixtures and components.
2. Repairs piping of various size and type.
3. Checks safety equipment and replaces components such as washers, gaskets, and filters.
4. Inspects, repairs, or replaces pumps, valves and boiler systems, including swimming pool pumps.
5. Services and maintains air compressors.
6. Maintains and adjusts chemical treatment controls for the pool.
7. Keep low pressure hot water heating boiler log
8. Inspects and tests fire sprinkler system and booster pumps; prepares documentation for compliance. 9. Monitors and adjusts building automation systems.
10. Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to Plumbing Code Requirements and reports back to supervisor.
11. Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.