R O L E P R O F I LE
JOB TITLE: Group Financial Controller - Finance
REPORTS TO: General Manager – Finance
Responsible for directing all daily finance and accounting activities of the group entities.
Will be activities relating to the preparation and analysis of the financial reports to the Group .
Works closely with the Corporate Finance Department for majority of transaction processing.
To coordinate all financial transactions, systems and procedures complying with regulations, accounting principles and standards.
The Financial Controller will liaise with the Group General Manager on a day to day He or She will also have close relation with the Corporate Head Office in Jordan ( SG ) Business Unit, Production Manager, IT department, providing them with guidelines and resources to achieve the profitable growth of the business.
* Daily cash flow management (In and Out) and cash flow forecast
* Approval of all daily disbursements
* Management of daily settlement process for distribution vehicles at various locations
* Ensure banking facilities available at all locations for close of trading banking
* Ensures timely and accurate budgeting
CUSTOMERS & ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
* Develop strong relationship with major customers and understand their business
* Approval of all new customers, management of new customer process
* Manage guarantees and post-dated cheques
* Develop and monitor the Business unit’s credit policy and risk management
* Manage Trade Terms and Conditions, and ensure they are implemented
* Monitoring accounts receivable ageing and collections
* Follow up with legal department for handed over debts
* Manage various business location with National Paint Group
* Ensure promotions costs and expenses correctly allocated
SUPPLIERS & ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
* Develop strong relationship with major suppliers
* Obtain credit terms where possible
* Approval of all new major suppliers
* Develop and monitor the business unit’s purchasing and procurement policy
* Reconciliation of statements and managing of debit notes to suppliers
* Monitoring accounts payable ageing
* Ensure payments made timely (Work with Treasury Department)
STOCK CONTROL AND COSTING
* Develop and monitor stock control polices relating to the business unit.
* Ensure effective Inventory control in multiple locations
* Monitor inventory costing, on a SKU by SKU basis for the full sales value chain (Supplier, all landed costs, margins for distributor, agent, manufacturing cost, to end consumer price)
* What if Analysis for changes in exchange rates or supplier price changes
* Review all the costing’s of all cans & can inventory items on a regular basis, authorize changes, and ensure accuracy thereof in the system.
* Complete and sign all CAPEX requisitions with relevant info (IRR / Payback etc.)
* Ensure depreciation correctly calculated and allocated (With Corporate Finance)
* Work with Corporate Finance to ensure proper management of fixed assets
* Analyses and prepares daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial reports reflecting the business units’ financial position in conjunction with Treasury and Group.
* Annual budgeting process as well as quarterly re-forecasting process
* Develop reports for the business users as required, in conjunction with Corporate Finance and the IT department
* Profitability calculations for the business by a variety of : Channel / Brand / Location / Credit or Cash / Customer / Route etc.
* Ensure consistent definitions and understanding of report writing fields
* Cost to serve calculations
* Commentary on finance section of monthly management pack
* Interpretation of key ratios and trends of the business
* Specific reports required to look at the business from different angles
* Sales reports in order to assist with the management of the sales driven culture
Part Two: Personality Profile
Education and Training
* To be considered for this position you will be CPA/CA, CIMA qualified with a minimum 5-7 years’ experience from within a manufacturing/packaging environment Experience
* 10 years related industry work experience with at least 5 years at senior financial management level.
* Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel very Important
* ERP System Possess knowledge of cost accounting
* Strong analytical, variance reporting and cost modeling skills.
* Ability to communicate as a two-way process
* Good leadership and motivational skills.
* Organisational skills.
* Management skills – time, cost and quality.
4. Personal Qualities
* Culturally you will be a team player with effective communication skills and possess a flexible approach with the ability to work within a fast paced corporate environment
* High degree of credibility and excellent relationship building skills.
* An ability to communicate financial matters effectively to non-financial professionals
* An ability to communicate financial matters effectively to non-financial professionals.