Main tasks and responsibilities
• Understand and carry out requests and requirements from Relationship Managers and clients.
• New client on-boarding and modifications to existing client setups.
• Deploy updates and perform maintenance of software components and applications.
• Working on a mixture of "business as usual" tasks, as well as specific queries from clients.
• Incident Management, and handle emergencies quickly and efficiently.
• Resolve or escalate any issues highlighted by monitoring system alerts, discovered during checks, or reported by clients.
• Following an escalation chain, maintaining communication with stakeholders, and ensuring that requests and queries are resolved in a timely manner.
• Problem Management and prioritising tasks and requests.
• Proactive monitoring of the live environments with daily and weekly checks.
• Reactive monitoring of all environments from direct alerts and monitoring consoles.
• Learn bespoke tools and applications used to analyse and investigate cases, or troubleshoot issues.
• Respond to trade and price investigations, including but not limited to reject and fills analysis and market data analysis.
• Work in a shift rota including Sundays from 20:00 till 02:00 GST for Market Opening duties.
Secondary tasks and responsibilities
• MetaTrader 4 platform administration.
• Weekend maintenance.
• Assist and train other members of the team.
• Participate as necessary when extra cover may be required to support market events.
• Participate in emergencies, disaster recovery, and incidents at short notice as needed.
• Documenting work, updating existing documentation.
Experience and abilities for all candidates
• Fluent written and spoken Arabic or Turkish language required.
• Excellent fluent written and spoken English and able to learn technical and financial concepts quickly.
• Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Strong organisation skills, ability to prioritise different tasks quickly.
• Ability to work with a team of technology specialists including developers, understand and learn how to configure new and complex systems.
• Ability to interact with clients and peers with a flexible and mature attitude to work.
• Self-motivated and ambitious.
Experienced Candidate Additional experience and abilities
• Must have an Application Support background with bespoke software (not general IT support).
• Good understanding of LAN and WAN networks and Windows Server Operating System.
• Ability to write basic SQL queries and use basic Linux commands.
• Experience in log analysis and using application troubleshooting tools.
• Understanding of the Forex Industry preferred.
• Experience with MetaTrader 4 trading platform and FIX protocol preferred.
• Knowledge of ITIL, JIRA, and Confluence preferred.
BSc / BEng in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a closely related field.
MSc / MEng in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a closely related field preferred.