1. Searching for new clients who could benefit from your products in your designated region.
2. Travelling to visit potential clients.
3. Establishing new, and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers.
4. Managing and interpreting customer requirements.
5. Persuading clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs.
6. Calculating client quotations.
7. Negotiating tender and contract terms.
8. Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions.
9. Offering after-sales support services.
10. Administering client accounts.
11. Analysing costs and sales.
12. Preparing reports for head office.
13. Meeting regular sales targets.
14. Recording and maintaining client contact data.
15. Co-ordinating sales projects.
16. Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
17. Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs.
18. Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
19. Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
20. Solving client problems.
21. Helping in the design of custom-made products.
22. Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.