1. Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
2. Help companies increase productivity.
3. Optimize methods of business organization.
4. Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
5. Develop management control systems.
6. Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
7. Assist in financial planning and cost analysis.
8. Design production planning and control systems.
9. Design methods to ensure product quality.
10. Improve ways to distribute goods and services.
11. Determine most viable plant and factory locations.
12. Resolve production problems.
13. Design layout of equipment and workspace.
14. Estimate production costs.
15. Create sampling procedures and designs.
16. Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
17. Study and rearrange org charts, material flow, and operations sequence.
18. Evaluate effects of product design changes.