1. Sweep and mop floors.
2. Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
3. Clean and disinfect laboratory equipment.
4. Sterilize patients'' rooms.
5. Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
6. Steam-clean carpets.
7. Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
8. Mix various cleaning agents.
9. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
10. Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
11. Apply wax to coat floors and buff.
12. Apply sealant to floors.
13. Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
14. Mow lawns, trim shrubbery, plant flowers, and apply pesticides.
15. Move heavy equipment and furniture.
16. Identify and report possible repairs.
17. Fix minor plumbing leaks.
18. Shovel snow from sidewalks and sprinkle salt on surface.
19. Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.