1. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
2. Obtains help by sounding alarms.
3. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
4. Controls traffic by directing drivers.
5. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
6. Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
7. Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
8. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.