1. Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
3. Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
4. Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
5. Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
6. Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
7. Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
8. Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
9. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
10. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
11. Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.