1. Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments.
2. Establishes standards and best practices for the use of the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
3. Develops automated testing systems using commercial tools, scripts and data set.
4. Ensures that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked
through the change management software.
5. Works directly with appropriate ICAT personnel to understand project concept, objectives and
approach of software development projects.
6. Act as a consultant to ICAT on quality methods, processes, and tools.
7. Able to work independently.
8. Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing.
9. Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing.
10. Responsible for the overall success of testing. Manages assigned projects from IT Quality
11. Testing through final User Acceptance Testing.
12. Establishes the purpose and deliverables of the test effort.
13. Provides resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
14. Assures the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects by working with
developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
15. Creates effective manual and automated test plans, using a variety of toolsets, including
16. Rational Test Manager. Rational Robot, and other automated tools.
17. Performs black box testing as required.