1. Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
2. Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
3. Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
4. Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
5. Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
6. Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
7. Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
8. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
9. Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
10. Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
11. Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
12. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.