Senior Network Engineer
Under minimal direction, responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of the wide area Voice/Data network (WAN). Provides the highest level of technical support to various departments and users with regards to the WAN. Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers. Operates under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation, testing and training of new communication projects and initiatives.
- Researches and proposes new technology initiatives
- Responsible for integrating business systems within the corporate information technology environment.
- Develops business cases for request for new or additional hardware or software.
- Coordinates with Management and Technology Managers/Engineers to resolve issues relating to security.
- Works with other IT staff in resolving issues relating to security
- Acts as a liaison with vendors and third party providers.