- To provide effective sourcing & procurement of spare parts; in a cost effective manner and in line with the company policies & procedures.
- Involvement in all aspects of procurement and work under minimum supervision. Independently prepares and complete orders; and to liaise daily with other workshop and operations staff in order to reduce the ordering lead times.
- Introduce effective procurement practices & procedures, review & ensure that they check price comparisons regularly and implement best practice.
- Ensure that critical parts supplies are maintained.
- Work with Internal customers to ensure service arrangements are fulfilled.
- Work with vendors so as to establish a solid commercial relationships, participate in appraisal of vendors.
- Liaise with concerned authority for the registration of suppliers and applicable product group/standards.
- Supports the workshop and operations department by ensuring product availability for existing Heavy Duty Trucks, Plant and Equipment, by developing forecasting cycles based on consumption trends, history and seasonal trends. Ensures that continuous and early feedback is given to the relevant departmental managers on supply volatility, major deviations from agreed plans and pricing, etc. Sets and maintains agreed stock targets and re-order levels in conjunction with the business needs, ensuring that stocking policies result in a replenishment process that consistently meets the needs of the oprations deparment. Ensures efficient order management, taking steps to brief / educate store staff and to communicate process and practice effectively. Ensures that ordering spare parts & consumables guidelines are provided, for both regular supplies and repair items. Interfaces with Operations management, logistics and distribution organization and local suppliers, and resolves all high level or systems/process problems. Regular reviewing of systems and processes for forecasting stock levels, inventory controls and scheduling, achieved through development of key performance indicators for each link in supply processes.
Develops the capabilities of the Spare Parts Supply Chain team through direction, coaching, setting clear objectives and performance standards, providing feedback and managing individual development plans