* Issue account numbers, after receiving relevant information.
* Check values and settlement/payout cheques.
* Retrieve all relevant documentation for each sale and ensure retention thereof in deal file.
* Submit documents to financial institutions for payment.
* Reconcile all Sundry accounts at month end.
* Minimise bad debt by enforcing credit control procedures.
* Control collection of outstanding debts.
* Enforce conformity of all deals with Company Policies & contracts.
* Compile month-end reports as required.
* Report problems to Financial Manager and Sales Manager.
* Monitor all deal progress
* Liaise at all times above managers.
* Maintain good communications with all peers, management and staff.
* Debt Collection and Customer Liaison.
* Control all debt collection.
* Maintain good customer relations by taking appropriate action in cases of queries and problems.
* Action collection of debt from delinquent payers.
* Ensure that all client contact enhances service and quality and generates business opportunities.
* Key Performance Areas & Tasks
* Banking and Financial Institutions Interface
* Perform all necessary procedures to bank monies received as per company regulations.
* Follow up on any R.D. cheques.
* Promote good relations with financial institutions to facilitate prompt payment.
* Managing Administration.
* Monitor cash collection.
* Ensure all documents and procedures pertaining to the continuation of business are correctly completed and adhered to.
* Ensure all records are completed and kept in accordance with legal requirements and company policies.
* Monitor all correspondence to debtors.
* Report timeously to management on bad debt provisions and write-offs.
* Monitor the reconciliation all accounts relating to debtors, and debtorsí write-offs.
* Ensure that all possible steps have been taken to recover outstanding amounts before consulting H/O legal department.
* Ensure all relevant information and documents are forwarded to legal department to assist in legal action and maintain regular contact with legal department and lawyers.
Directing Strategic Focus
* Remain updated on latest changes and trends in the automotive credit business and operate accordingly and develop credit strategies for the future.
* Ensure optimisation of cash flow through appropriate credit control systems.
* Ensure that customer credit worthiness is evaluated.
* Establish applicable credit limits, risk categories and payment terms, and manage adherence to the limits.
* Monitor the quality of the divisions debtor accounts by evaluation of the age analysis, and review bad debt provisions.
* Liaise with all groups who have an interest in the credit control function, including lawyers (for bad debt recovery), banks and credit bureaus.
* Develop appropriate administration systems to ensure the smooth running of the credit function, including appropriate document retention systems and provide a support function to credit administration staff, including assistance with account reconciliations, follow-up activities on various ledgers and customer queries.