1. Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs.
2. Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
3. Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
4. Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments.
5. Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
6. Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
7. Orders studies, test and ancillary services.
8. Documents all services in patient medical record.
9. Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
10. Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
11. Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements.
12. Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff.
13. Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
14. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.