1) Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
2) Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes in order to improve production.
3) Analyze data in order to recommend placement of wells and supplementary processes to enhance production.
4) Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs, in order to maximize oil and gas recovery.
5) Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, and well surveys.
6) Assist engineering and other personnel to solve operating problems.